Monday, August 01, 2005

One of my favorite temples

I usually avoid going to those awfully crowded temples. They don't give me the kind of peaceful environment that I look for in places of worship. Rather, queing up in there for hours just for a glimpse of the idol makes me irritated. That could be one of the reasons why I haven't been to Guruvayoor, one of the most famuos temples in South India, in the last 7-8 years. I usually prefer lesser crowded temples, where silence is the norm, where I can just sit and let nothing disturb me. I see temples more as a place of peace than as a place of worship.


Yet, there is one temple I visit whenever possible, and however crowded it is. The Vadakkunnatha(Shiva) Temple in Trichur. It is one of my all-time favorite temples. That place radiates something that soothes your body and mind. I'm absolutely in love with that temple. May be because I believe it has given me something that no other temple did.

Been a long time since my last visit...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

after seeing TT by PR huh? (in that, Vadakkunnathan has been a silent spectator all through, isnt it?)

8/02/2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger SNM said...

There you got it a li'l wrong, my dear! :)

8/02/2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home