Monday, June 13, 2005

Of prancing horses and my black beauty.

The red prancing horses are back on the podium. But I didn't want them to be there this way. Not because Fisci and Alonso crashed out, not because Montoya was too stupid to notice that red light blinking, not because Button was too late at braking. Not because the others made mistakes. Well, looks like now thats the only way Ferraris are getting to be on the podium these days. By cashing in on others mistakes. Thats not bad, I must say. They didnt make mistakes and they scored. But, thats not great either. Schumi had all of 13 laps to fill a gap of 2.5s between him and Kimi. And he failed. Whats wrong? The tyres? Is it just the tyres? Seeing the way he and Button started off the race at a snail's pace despite having carried a lighter fuel load for a 3-stop strategy, I don't think tyres are the only problem. Lets wait and watch, the game is not over yet! I still think there is room for them to come back to the top...

I got my black beauty serviced yesterday. She's got new spark plugs, a new battery and a fresh cot of paint for the belly, err... fuel tank. Got rid of the scratch and the dent on the underside of the tank, too. She is gleaming now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aslan said...

There's nothing wrong. As you said, cashing in on others' reliability is the only way Ferrari is gonna ascend to the podium. As for "I still think there is room for them to come back to the top", I think there is NO ROOM! Be realistic.. that car is a snail. Every track is not gonna be like Imola, dude. Wait for the US GP, to see Ferrari left in the DUST.

6/14/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Aslan said...

Phew! For half a decade, I've been waiting for this moment, a time when I can say with finality, that 'Ferrari is cr*p. McLaren is GOD'. And it is true today. The perseverance has paid off. Let me reap the benefit. Three cheers to Ron Dennis and the McLaren Technology Center. And more cheers for the Iceman.

6/14/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I spent some 3 hours on Sunday with my fille royale (duh! bad french), washing her up, cleanin the plugs, filters, checking the oil etc. The plug gap was a little too much so she was choking off while idling. Fixed it and she's one happy girl now!

6/14/2005 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home