Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Benched...

My fourth day on bench. I've already started feeling uncomfortable. The only solace is those occasional chats with colleagues who are free, and the coffee breaks. I haven't missed any posts on the Sports Bullettin Board in the last two days. Its been a happening place after the race: people are fighting over whether Alonso deserved the win or not. And on the General BB, it is the usual fight which started as Bangalore auto drivers Vs. those in the other cities and eventually turned to South Vs. North. Hope that thread dies down soon...
I can't read e-books. I have a pretty big collection of it in my system, but haven't even read one. I guess I should bring that travelogue about Ladakh that I'm reading now to the office tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

An e-book??? Shucks!!! Can you take an e-book home, hold it aloft on your left hand(or right if u r a leftie), while reclining lazily on that armchair(if u r a twenty-something bachelor, floor is acceptable), and read your way to bliss while Pinkfloyd and sweet gentle drizzle fight for prominence in the back-ground? Oh, and I forgot the bowl of munchies...

5/31/2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger SNM said...

Thats exactly why I hate e-books! The feel of the books in your hand is something too good to compromise...

I think a bowl of boiled corn and a glass of Highland would make things still better ;-)

5/31/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

I used to hate e-books too.. until I read the whole of "Digital Fortress" in .LIT (Microsoft Reader) format. If you people have tried only PDF's, trust me.. try this. The fonts are just like book fonts on a cream background, so its not a pain on your eyes. Its got bookmarks remembering where you left off, so that it goes there after you close and reopen it, and best of all, you can read it on your screen at work unlike a book, so people walking by think you're reading some technical reference document! Also, you CAN listen to Pink Floyd on headphones and recline in your chair (Featherlite) in airconditioning, none of which can you do at home! :) The pages don't wear away or get folds either, so though I'd still prefer to read a book in hand at home anyday, an e-book would suffice when I'm at work.. ;)

6/02/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home