Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Nature's fury

It was one Sunday that I'll never forget in my life: Incessant rains lashed Bangalore, three lakes breached, submerging more than a few residential areas in deep water- upto 7 feet in many places.
Ground floor of my flat was completely submerged in 4 feet of water. We were all evacuated by fire-force staff in rubber life-boats. Nay, it wasn't a life-and-death situation. But there was no water, no electricity, and the apartment complex was completely cut-off from the main road. There was nothing we could do by staying back. I and my roomies locked up the house, and came out in a dinghy. The whole episode was pretty exciting, but to think about my bike resting in peace deep under water.... :(
Now I'm staying in the company guest house. For the whole week.


Stranded... A pic taken from the top of my apartment...

10 Comments:

Blogger mowgz said...

Ayyo !! pulsar vellathil aayo :(
nice pic :)

10/26/2005 9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The mere thought of my bike ever being submerged sent shivers down my spine!! How are you coping?

10/26/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger SNM said...

All I could see of my bike were the mirrors, poking out of the waters... The bike must be resting in peace now, deep under-water :(

What can I do? I've no idea how its gonna look like when it comes out of the water. Hope it can be fixed... Or will I have to sell it as scrap? :O

10/26/2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude, u r talking gross!
It's gonna be really hard to fix, thats for sure.

10/26/2005 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u got ur bike back ? howz its condition ?

-Anne

10/27/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger mowgz said...

heard b'lore is seeing sun today ... hows ur pulsar ? has it recovered ?

10/27/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger SNM said...

Finally the sun came out of the clouds yesterday, and lo behold! there was a truck-load of work too, to be finished by EOD. So I decided I'd go and check out the bike today,ie thursday; woke up this morning and found out the rain god has started having a ball again... My bike is doomed! :(

10/27/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Am really sorry about the bike!

10/28/2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger SNM said...

I took it out on Friday and gave it for service. It had half-an-inch thick silt coating on it, all over. It was sickening to see that...
The delivery of the bike is due today. I hope to see it back in the same good,old condition...

11/02/2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger R said...

man i hope your bike is fine now..

11/06/2005 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home